Saturday, 12 October 2013
Ten Top Tips for Your Ageing Skin
1. Cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin, using products that suit your particular skin type
2. Ageing skin is usually dehydrated and dry; therefore look for products that hydrate dry skin
3. A good moisturiser is a skin’s saviour when ageing due to it reducing water loss throughout your skin. It also prevents tightness & flakiness. Search for ingredients like Rosehip Seed oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter plus Vitamins A, C & E
4. Use a daily SPF throughout the year. This is a great weapon against further ageing of the skin and also stops brown facial spots from getting worse. Over exposure to too much sun is what causes pigmentation, so make sure to have the habit of using a good SPF. Also apply to your hands instead of using hand cream
5. Nowadays, toners are not always a necessity but hydrating sprays can be useful during day hours to freshen and hydrate (including stopping make-up look powdery)
6. Try and avoid using soap as it strips moisture from your face, your cleanser should be gentle to the skin. Instead opt for creamy or foam cleansers that can be washed off
7. Because the skin around your eyes is very delicate, try and use a suitable eye cream. A good eye cream or serum will fill out lines around your eyes and hydrate your skin
8. Exfoliate is vital for retaining healthy skin. As we age, our cell reproduction decreases dramatically causing a build-up of dead skin cells, which make skin look dull and prevents facial creams from penetrating effectively. Use gentle exfoliators over a large grain scrub and aim to use this twice weekly
9. A silk pillowcase is a great treat for your skin. As well as being luxurious, silk feels divine on your skin and you will wake without a bedhead or facial creases. It also prevents frizzy and tangled hair. Cotton pillowcases will absorb your face cream during the night, reducing the moisturising aspect.
10. About twice a week try ad use a firming or moisterising facial mask, preferably after having exfoliated first which helps the mask to absorb easier. This can give a moisture boost and plump the skin, combatting dehydration. Apply it generously allowing 15 to 20 minutes for it to penetrate.
Posted by Han Mal